Yesterday, amidst various showers of rain, I saw a BEAUTIFUL rainbow. This rainbow did not reach all the way to the ground, but it stopped midair. And, I could see every color. I love the simple beauty of the rainbow, and it is sad to think that others have perverted it. Because, every time I see a rainbow, I begin to hum and sing...
"I'll never flood the earth again,
Earth again, earth again.
I'll never flood the earth again.
God has promised."
Every time I see a rainbow, I'm reminded of one of God's promises.
11) And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.
12) And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
13) I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
14) And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:
15) And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.
16) And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.