Okay...so I enjoy basketball, and I keep up with it to a certain degree. But, when I fill out my bracket, I do so for pure amusement. I don't really know the ins and outs to every team, so my choices may seem odd...I pick teams with good past records, the underdogs that I would love to see upset some big names (like UAB over UConn!), etc.
(No, I don't gamble with my bracket...that would be very silly on my part.)
So, here it is:
Now...some explanations...all totally opinion and only partly based on what I've read or watched. You've been warned.
1) Duke always does good/well. Period.
2) Many of the SEC teams have had great seasons. However, I doubt Alabama and Arkansas will make it far with the teams they are up against. On the other hand, Tennessee, Florida, and LSU have the opportunity to go strong.
3) Gonzaga has a cool name. And they seem to always do well, also. So I have them upsetting UCLA, to go against Memphis in the Elite Eight.
4) I would love to see UAB upset UConn. I know nothing about how UConn has done this year, but UAB has been outstanding, and I hope this is the year for them.
5) I have no explanation for why I picked Ohio St. to beat Villanova other than this: It would be an upset, and Ohio St. is a HUGE school...I figure they are pretty good.
6)If UAB beats UConn, why not have them beat Ohio St. as well, and play Memphis in the championship game. Best two out of three?? :-)
What do ya'll think?