Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Blessed

Last night Hurricane Katrina came rolling through. After coming back to my apartment around 2:30 yesterday, that was where I stayed until about 11:30 last night. At 11:30, I was able to check on some friends for a few moments, before returning to my apartment. The winds howled, and I could hear trees cracking and falling all around my apartment. I could see flashes in the sky with a green glow attending them. I'm still not sure if it was lighting or transformers going out. Some of the time I stood outside just watching, and the song, "Master the Tempest is Raging" kept popping into my head, as well as the verse where Christ calms the stormy sea, saying, "Peace be still." It was such a blessing and comfort knowing that even though this storm was raging around me, God was with me and watching over me. I didn't realize just how much until late last night and this morning. The trees I heard falling were right next to the apartment complex next to mine. One or two even fell on the apartments, causing some major damage. I was very blessed not to have any damage myself, or even lose power.

"I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the Lord sustained me." Psalm 3:5

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof." Psalm 46:1-3

No comments: