Monday, May 18, 2009

While on the way to Memphis...

...we had a couple of hours to entertain ourselves. The "we" being me, Table of Stone, our sweet Mama D., Elyow'enay, and BirdTrainer. I brought along 4th Grade Brain Quest, just to be silly and to add a little diversity to our car games, since we usually break out Bible Trivia at some point. We just keep it in the van and quiz ourselves at random. (I'm a nerd/dork/geek/whatever...I know.)

Now, in fourth grade, this Brain Quest set was very hard. There are questions like 1)Is cabbage stem, leaves, or root? or 2) What is the simplest form of 1/8 + 1/8? or 3)Who sang songs like Hey Jude and Let It Be? But as we read through them in the car, we laughed and answered most all of them without problem. I guess you could say it was our own version of Are You Smarter Than a Fourth Grader?

The following is an excerpt of our conversation:


Owl of the Desert: Before becoming President, was Abraham Lincoln a lawyer or a teacher?

Elyow'enay: Abraham Lincoln was a pimp!

BirdTrainer: "Yo, Mary! Go fix me some bread, 'cuz I'm skinny as a rail!"


Good times...oh, yeah.

5 comments:

Dani said...

It sounds like the best of car trips. :D

Kelly Spezzano said...

Uhhh, remind me not to send Joshua to them for History lessons! lol

Sounds like a lot of fun and I would like to add for the record I was able to answer questions 1, 2 and 3! :) And I guessed teacher for #4, because Honest Abe couldn't have been a lawyer AND honest! haha (j/k)

Amy said...

wow. Mom must have left that out of OUR history.

His Mercy Endureth Forever said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I played brainquest (can't remember which grade) with my kids and the Abernathy youngest 3 in the car a few months ago and impressed them with my knowledge!

Unknown said...

Its a little lesser known fact..but one just the same. And Spezzano I would be happy to teach your child ANY time you want me to. Just give me a heads up so I can get a teaching plan together.