Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Resolutions

2007 was an amazing year. As it drew to a close, I began to reflect on it and what my resolutions were at the beginning of 2007. One of them, I am happy to say, I actually feel like I made some progress on. The others, well, I feel like I may have failed miserably. But, with a new year, we have new resolutions, or new takes on old ones. So, without further ado, my resolutions for 2008:



1. Read the Bible everyday, or at least read the entire Bible in one year. (I bought the One Year Bible last year, but unfortunately failed to do anything with it. I am determined this year. And, I highly recommend it, based on my readings for the last 9 days. I really love that it mixes the Old and New Testament and includes a little Psalms and Proverbs each day. The only thing I would like a little more of is Proverbs - 3 or 4 verses a day just isn't enough!)



2. Eat healthier and exercise more. (This one is most certainly a repeat. I have trouble with this one every year. So, I've tried to set what I think may be some manageable goals.)



3. Write in my journal everyday. (My grandfather and great-grandfather were great journal/diary writers. It's amazing to read about their day-to-day activities. I've always "kinda" kept a journal, but not been good to write every day. This year I resolve to write every day.)



4. Communicate better. (This one is kinda hard to explain...).


These are just a couple, a good start perhaps. Somehow, writing them down makes me more confident. Here's hoping to a great 2008.

5 comments:

strem said...

Thanks for sharing your resolutions, and I can't wait to hear of your progress in these areas. Resolve, resolve, resolve... and I'll try to do the same.

Kelly Spezzano said...

Those all sound like very realistic and completely obtainable goals! I hope the Lord blesses you in your efforts. It's funny how our generation (plus or minus a few years) seem to struggle with the same things.. (daily Bible reading, eating healthy, HOUSE CLEANING!) I wonder where the breakdown came in?
Ayways, keep us posted on your progress!

Rachel said...

Hope it works out! I never did make any resolutions....maybe I'll go do that now..

Dani said...

Good luck! I'll pray for you too!

Brittany said...

Sounds like you are heading in the right direction. I will be praying for you in your endevours!