Saturday, September 24, 2005

Definitive College

Today my meals consisted of the following:

Water and an oats & honey bar between 11:00 and 3:00.

A venti (the largest) banana-berry blast smoothie at Crimson Cafe with Hickory Barbecue chips between 3:30 and 5:30.

Three-cheese chicken Voila! with water for dinner.

A small cup of strawberry yogurt at TCBY around 9:30.


Quite a day, huh? I have a bad habit of not finding the time for lunch. I then try to eat a good, healthy dinner. I thought, what a "college" day. Smoothies and yogurt. I'll make just a few comments on this. First, I'm not recommending this eating strategy. It just sometimes works out that way. Second, it makes you appreciate homecooked meals a whole lot more. (I'm really craving some pineapple casserole. Yummy!)

I'd feel more guilty about my eating, but, hey, at least this semester I'm playing tennis. And, I walk every day to class. Perhaps it all balances in the end.

5 comments:

Nomos said...

Perhaps it will all balance out in the end.

By the way, your dad did a great job preaching at Collierville. When you see him tell him I said "Don't forget about the sleeping bag!"

beatrice said...

I'm always forgetting to eat.
It's really very annoying, having to eat...I'll be perfectly happy, and then I realize that I havn't eaten all day.

Owl of the Desert said...

I know what you mean Shieldmaiden. I don't think I forget, though...I just find other things to do than eat. Many times throughout college I have sacrificed lunch for a good nap. Now...work is replacing my naps.

toesthattwinkle said...

I enjoy eating a good meal.BUt yes sometimes throughout the summer I feel the same way as Sheildmaiden, it's annoying to have to stop what your doing and eat. I have a goo dschedul eof eating...but I also don't have a choice about when I eat during the school year.

Unknown said...

Very true, eating is often times put on hold for other things. Today all I have had is a cup of ramen for lunch with some dry oatmeal, and for breakfast it was just a power bar on my way to a meeting. I really miss home cooked food also, would be much better then the freeze dried stuff they make us eat out here.