Saturday, September 10, 2005

Branching Out

Tonight I went to Crimson Cafe. It is a small, down-to-earth coffee shop. The owners grow their own beans in Columbia, and the wooden tables and chairs that make up the restaurant were made by one of the owner's family members. There are pictures of their farm in Columbia scattered throughout the cafe. They have boardgames, newspapers, and all sorts of shakes, coffees, and food. I have quite a few favorite dishes. It is one of my favorite places in T-town, because of the atmosphere. It's a great place to study, but it is also simply a great place to hang out.

After a quick trip to Target, I headed to Crimson Cafe with a friend for a Banana Berry Blast, a.k.a. a strawberry and banana smoothie. But, tonight I ordered a Grande size. Now, granted, Grande is only the medium size. But I have been in Tuscaloosa for three, going on four, years now, and I don't think I have ever ordered a grande size at Crimson. I only order a "tall" size, the smallest size. (Ironic, huh. Tall is small.) So, I branched out. Got a little on the crazy side. As did my friend. She ordered a coconut shake, which ended up being vanilla ice cream and coconut, instead of her usual Yucatan shake, the same ingredients, only with coffee and chocolate.

It was an exciting night. :-)

3 comments:

toesthattwinkle said...

Sounds cool. Catch ya later.
~Chelsea

toesthattwinkle said...

This comment is about 3 months late, but I just read your post aboutsinging school and I agree with everbody about how it is like going into our own PB world. It is so sad to leave Friday but there is happiness in knowing there will be another singing school the next year. Which, by the way, I can't wait!

Owl of the Desert said...

I agree. It's one of my favorite weeks of the year.